Regret – a feeling of sadness, repentance, or disappointment over something that has happened or been done.
Eventually, all of us will die.
In those final moments, we will have an opportunity to reflect on life.
So many men will one day be on that death bed thinking “what if?”
- What if I had paid more attention to my kids?
- What if I had been a better husband?
- What if I had taken that chance to start a business?
- What if I had taken that hunting trip to Alaska I’d always dreamed of?
A man filled with “what ifs” is one filled with regret. We have one shot at life, so missed opportunities can very well haunt us all the way to the grave. We must focus on a life with no regrets, which is why we need to start living today, in the present.
In this episode of Untaming Masculinity, Dan and Brad discuss living a life free of regrets. They take about some of the steps they’ve taken to stop living for the future and start to focus on what matters in the here and now.
In a wide-ranging conversation, they begin to dive into what regrets they’ve had, what they are doing to ensure they don’t have regrets moving forward, and how men can simply live in the present, focused on what matters.
It starts with a mindset shift, but the rest is up to you to execute. If we live only for tomorrow, we’ll have a lot of empty yesterdays today.
Show Notes & Resources
- Unfu*ck Yourself – Gary John Bishop
- Tuesdays With Morrie – Mitch Albom
- Episode 825: Tactics and Mindset Shifts for Making The Most of Life (Art of Manliness)