Code of Conduct – a set of rules outlining the norms, rules, and responsibilities or proper practices of an individual party or an organization.
Too many men wander aimlessly through life without a direction or without the focus needed to truly become what they are meant to become. That lack of direction can have devastating effects.
Learning focus and direction comes from understanding who you are and what you’re all about. That understanding is obtained through establishing terms of engagement for yourself in any circumstance, or in other words, a code.
As Jocko so succinctly states in The Code. The Evaluation. The Protocols: “We can prevail over mediocracy. We do that by chasing the ideal. Our ideal. An ideal that we must define. An ideal that we must codify in no uncertain terms so that we know what we are striving for. We must have a code to follow.”
In this episode of Untaming Masculinity, Dan and Brad take a look into what it means to create a code for yourself and why having one is so crucial.
A code should be something that speaks to your soul and compels you to action, so as a result, it is something that is intensely personal. It is not something to be taken lightly and deserves real time and investment in creating.
The guys share some tips on how to create a code for yourself, how to write one out, and how to make the conscious decision to live by this code every single day, no matter the circumstances. They also end the episode by sharing their personal codes of conduct, which provide them with the direction and clarity they need daily.
- The Code. The Evaluation. The Protocols: Striving to Become an Eminently Qualified Human – Jocko Willink, Dave Berke, Sarah Armstrong
- Sovereignty: The Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Men – Ryan Michler
- “The Power of Uncomfortable Truths with Sean Whalen” – Order of Man Podcast
- “Episode 84. The Discipline Code” – Real AF with Andy Frisella Podcast
- “Forging Your Own Path with Mat Best” – Order of Man Podcast
- “The Churchill School of Adulthood – Lesson #1: Develop a Mighty Moral Code” – The Art of Manliness Podcast
- “The Pursuit with Pete Roberts” – Order of Man Podcast