Life – the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death
Many men have thought about hiring a personal trainer or a coach to dial in their nutrition or step it up in the gym. However, the benefits of hiring a coach go well beyond the gym and the kitchen.
Simply making the effort to go to the gym or eat well isn’t hard. However, executing on that requires resiliency and consistent execution. It requires diving into your psyche and making changes. While we may think we can do this on our own, we often need someone to help us get the ball rolling.
In this episode of Untaming Masculinity, Dan and Brad are joined by their friend Ryan Murray. Ryan is an online fitness and nutrition coach who owns Uplift Coaching, which started in 2021. In this wide-ranging conversation, Ryan talks about how he transformed himself from a man struggling with depression and anxiety to one who created a business to improve the lives of others.
Ryan discusses the concept that when a man goes to the gym, he sets out to pick up heavy stuff and put it down repeatedly. With that, you turn your mind off but think about everything simultaneously, and the results are freeing.
As you do the things that most men are not doing today, you will find yourself.
Other topics discussed include:
- Why a man must make his health a priority
- How life is a series of failures, we learn from
- The concept that life happens in the middle
Follow Untaming Masculinity on your favorite podcast app, YouTube, and Instagram.
Subscribe and Share
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Connect with Dan on Instagram and Twitter
- Connect with Brad on Instagram and Twitter
- Follow Untaming Masculinity on Instagram and Twitter
- Join the Untaming Masculinity Facebook Group
- Please leave us a rating and review
Leave a Reply