Prioritization – the action or process of deciding the relative importance or urgency of a thing or things.
Life is busy. We find ourselves being hit from multiple angles with various tasks with varying degrees of urgency. Keeping all of these tasks organized and prioritized can be a challenge. While many tools and resources have been developed to help us stay on task, few are more well-known than the Eisenhower Matrix.
The Eisenhower Matrix is a tool that originated with President Dwight D. Eisenhower, which he designed to help him prioritize and deal with the many issues he dealt with as an Army general, the commander of NATO, and ultimately, as President of the United States. It’s a simple matrix with importance on the y-axis and urgency on the x-axis, yielding powerful results.
In this episode of Untaming Masculinity, Dan and Brad discuss how utilizing the Eisenhower matrix has helped them stay on top of tasks and commitments. They also talk about how you can distinguish between what is urgent and important and why learning to see the bigger picture is critical when handling what comes next. They share examples and tactics to help you personally and professionally and explain why the secret to success stems from learning how to delegate.
Follow Untaming Masculinity on your favorite podcast app, YouTube, and Instagram.
- The Eisenhower Matrix: How to prioritize your to-do list
- Avoid the “Urgency Trap” with the Eisenhower Matrix
- Eisenhower Matrix – Overview, History, and Categories
Subscribe and Share
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Connect with Dan on Instagram and Twitter
- Connect with Brad on Instagram and Twitter
- Follow Untaming Masculinity on Instagram and Twitter
- Join the Untaming Masculinity Facebook Group
- Please leave us a rating and review
Leave a Reply